babybluseries2

Re: NS LCD 32 Unit will not power up

So my tv went out a few days ago and i was not too happy about it. Its not even three years old yet. I looked in my owners manual to find that there was nothing helpful in the troubleshooting section so i called the technical support. What was their awesome advice...try to unplug the tv and plug it back in. After that didn't work, they gave up and transfered me to a geek squad official who wanted to send a tech out for $150 to look at it. That wasn't even counting the actual repair. So i decided to look online and found a whole mess of people who were experiencing the same problem. Since Insignia or Best Buy wont help me with their terrible service i decided to fix it on my own. I will never again buy an insignia product, recommend an insignia product to a friend, use best buy as a service site, or shop at best buy for a tv! 
jubr22

Hi  I have the same problem with my tv, did you get yours fixed, can you give me any suggestions on what the problem is

Visitor
ShaneK

I too have also had the same problem as everyone here, with th TV not powering up. But like many the fuse is simply not the problem. One thing that must be pointed out is that MOST of the time a fuse is blown becuase the hardware itself is drawing to much current and the fuse is blown. However there are incidents were it can be blown by a power surge.

I have been searching for a power supply board too. I am wondering where I can purchase one. I have indeed looked at bbypartsearch 

http://bestbuy.partsearch.com/GetModel.aspx?MfgName=Best+Buy+Company+Incorporated&BrandName=Insignia...

However I have not been able to find one that matches up with the part number on my board. It seems Insignia has incorporated a replacement part into there part search website as the orignial power supply (which still doesnt match my part number) has been discontinued and replaced by another power supply. 

If anyone can direct me towards a website selling these power supplies with the correct part number I have, I would be very grateful.

My power supply part number: 782.32HU25.200B          2007.01.04 VER: 06

More help would also be grateful on too what the deal is, and how to obtain proper parts for a fix.

I find it almost ironic that the INSG forum member gave the community a broken link to the part search website. However the correct link is located in my post.

Good luck to everyone

Insignia Support
John-INSG

Hello ShaneK,

Thank you for pointing out that the link was broken in a previous post.  I've fixed it.

As I said in a prior response to you, we recommend that any problem you may be having be diagnosed and repaired by a qualified technician.  

Regards,
John
Insignia™ Support

Visitor
ShaneK

As a reply to John-INSG post,

I am not sure who exactly who your previous post (the onethat contained the link) was directed to, but I would like to remind the public that this thread is for the NS-LCD32 which is not the same as IS-32LCD in which John posted a link to the parts for the IS, not the NS. This may seem like a mistake, however the power supply for the NS-32LCD is only 80 dollars  as opposed to the IS in which is 150 for a new powersupply. The IS and NS power supplys are not interchangeable and it is important to remember to buy parts for the correct TV.Only another reminder to the public, these Insignia's cheap price are attached with cheap quality parts (why we have to replace power supplies) also cheap and careless customer support is available for these things. Be careful and read over before you drop 150 dollars on the wrong power supply.

Good luck to fixing these tvs!

Insignia Support
John-INSG

Hello ShaneK,

I've moved the sub-thread for the IS-32LCD to a new one.  I apologize for any confusion or inconenience.

Regards,
John
Insignia™ Support

Insignia Support
John-INSG

This message has been merged with the topic entitled "Problem with turning on Insignia 32" Widescreen LCD HDTV Model: NS-LCD32FS."

bellstam

I just wanted to share that I have the same problem as everyone else in this thread. The fuse is fine and I suppose I will buy a new power supply and try to fix it that way. I called Bestbuy and Insignia to complain and try to get them to send me a new power supply since this is obviously a common problem that should have been recalled. Nedless to say they refused. I will do my best to stay away from BestBuy in the future and I will never buy an insignia product again.

I also wanted to share an anectode about a laptop I bought from dell which had a screen that was prone to breaking (it would develop a line of broken pixels). Once I learned it was a common problem with the model I had, I called dell to see if they had a reasonable solution. Without any argument dell sent me a new screen and instructions on how to replace it. Insignia/BestBuy have clearly decided to ignore their poor products instead.

Gustaf

Visitor
hardcrabber

I think Insignia should recall their cheap products to have BB/GS to fix/resolve the problem rather than a class action to replace everyone's tv with a new one or their money back because of their negligence to address this issue despite all the feedback and complaints.  Or is this BB's way of making extra money by suggesting you call GS?  "Unplug the TV and plug it back in," Come on, get real.  John, are you responces set up with hotkeys?

As far as my TV, all that happens is the red Insignia light turns blue and I hear clicking/popping sounds from the left speaker.  ANd don't tell me to call GS.  The last two times they touched a product of mine, they broke or made the problems worse and then tried to charge me more money to fix the new problem they created. 

gotgarkala

Re: NSA LCD 32 Unit will not power up

Don't bother changing the power supply. I did and the next day the same problem was back.