nina_e

NS-LTDVD19 DVD PLAYER WON'T RECOGNIZE DVD'S

I have a Insignia 19" LCD TV/DVD Combo.  All of a sudden the DVD player won't read DVDs.  It will read CDs, but it seems to not recognize DVD formats anymore.  We haven't moved. This machine worked just fine a couple months ago, then it just stopped reading the DVDs correctly.  We have tried TONS of different DVDs to see if the problem was with the disks but it appears to be the player.  Obviously, it can read formats since it reads music cds and plays them.

What is going on?  I've tried all the trouble shooting I can think of.

Kudos!
Insignia Support
John-INSG

Re: NS-LTDVD19 DVD PLAYER WON'T RECOGNIZE DVD'S

Hello nina_e,

Welcome to Community@Insignia™!

Unfortunately, it sounds like your TV/DVD Combo will require repairs.  You may obtain service by carrying the unit in to the retailer where you made the purchase and they should be able to assist in arranging the repairs.

Regards,
John
Insignia™ Support
Lonegijoe

To whom this may concern,

I've had a very similar issue. I have not tried cd's but until today we have been able to play dvd's of all kinds on our 19" inch tv/dvd combo (ns-ltdvd 19-09 model)Until today the dvd player had stopped playing some dvd's but would still play others. Today, when we tried to play any dvd the dvd player would not work at all and is now displaying an "error" or something similar. The issue is that about exactly one year ago I was given this tv/dvd player combo by my manager as an award for perfoemance at a company party.I was not given a receipt or gift reciept of any kind. All I have is my word and the word of my old manager to go off of. When I discussed this with a best buy representative I was told nothing can be done since I do not have a reciept. I don't understand....I think the tv is awesome and until now the dvd player was ok as well...I didn't misuse it, I also found that there are many other complaints about this model and this appears to be a known issue with the dvd player. It should be right around 1 year since I recieved this tv/dvd combo as a gift and I don't know what to do to get it fixed....I thought about taking it in to the geek squad to get repairs done but I don't think I should have to pay  to get this repaired since this is a known issue (the model isn't even being sold by best buy anymore). Is there anything I can do at all to get this fixed or what do you suggest?

Thanks,

Joe

Insignia Support
John-INSG

Hello Joe,

Welcome to Community@Insignia™!

Service should be available for your TV/DVD combo on a carry-in basis to Geek Squad.  I would be at a loss to explain why you might have been told otherwise.  Unfortunately, without a purchase receipt, warranty repairs cannot be granted and service would be at your expense.

Some basic troubleshooting tips you might try:  Power cycle the unit by turning it off and unplugging it for several minutes.  Also, you can try resetting the unit to its factory defaults.  If the DVD drive can't read the disks, the lens may be dirty so you might try a lens cleaner.  If these steps don't resolve the problem, the unit will likely require repairs.  

I hope this helps.

Regards,
John
Insignia™ Support

sml7925

Your response to this matter is unacceptable.  Based on a quick search of the web, this is a chronic problem with this item.  Stand behind your products!