Visitor

NS-P501Q-10A clicks, light blinks and then shuts off

I have an NS-P501Q-10A 50 inch plasma I bought just over 2 years ago. The other day I was watching the set and it powered off. Then it started a cycle of clicking, the light at the bottom right blinks, then it clicks again and powes off. The screen never comes on and the cycle continues until the set is unplugged. I have done some research and it appears the power supply board tends to go bad on this model. II have removed the rear panel and it is a Samsung PSPF520501A model board. Would it be a reasonable option to replace this board? I can pick one up for about $75 and have the ability to replace the board properly myself. I would just like to know if this is the fix for other owners that have run into this problem. Obviously, it is out of warranty or I would have just taken it in and had it repaired or replaced.

Thank you in advance.

Visitor

Re: NS-P501Q-10A clicks, light blinks and then shuts off

I am ordering the Samsung PSPF520501A board today from Shop Jimmy. Once I receive it and get it installed I will post back the results. I'm pretty positive this is the problem. Might just be one of the capacitors, but its much simpler to just replace the whole board. For $75 its worth a shot before plunking down another $1000 for a new TV.

Visitor

let me know how that goes.  Same thing just happened to mine.  Gotta love the insignia product.  2nd outage in just over 2 years, of course this time it isn't under there unbelievably generous 2 yr warrenty.

Visitor

and i just have to note how literally amazing it is to see how many people on this site have the exact same problems with the 50 " plasma INSIGNIA TV's.  Comical how they are completely unaware of this trend when you call.  Again, the second time my TV has gone out in just over 2 years.  I should also add that the color was going out on mine as well, prior to the possible power board.  Fantastic product!

Visitor

oh, and feel free to check out and "like" my brand new facebook page...facebook.com/INSIGNIA.TVs.are.Garbage

Visitor

I ordered it Monday and it shipped today. The board is supposed to be here on Friday. If it doesn't arrive by Thursday I won't get it till Monday. Just the logistics of where I'll be and where its shipped.

After everything I've read this board is the issue. If it fixes it I might just order another cause its bound to happen again. If I get 2 1/2 yrs out of the new board that I got from the original I'll be happy. If you have a Phillips head screw driver you can fuix this problem, or at least I think so. I'm not paying a $500 repair on a TV 8 paid $699 for. If I loose less than $100 trying to fix it, then at least I did my research and tried.

I will bet that this is the issue though. Geek Squad - $500 or so. Research and Shop Jimmy - $62 and a Philips screw driver I alreay had. I'll take my chances. More tan likely I'll get banned for providing the easy, cheap fix.
Visitor

Just had this happen to me too!  Hopefully the power board replacement works.

Visitor

Unfortunately - I recieved the new power board - easy to install - screwing the back panel on took longer...  But it was all for not... Didnt work system still recycles on and off.

I'll call around for quotes - but I'm leaning toward trashing this thing and buying a completely different TV from a completely different company - 2 years for a TV and to have it go out is a joke.

Good luck to you all with finding the solution.

Visitor

It didn't work for me either. I installed the board annd it happened again. I unplugged one cord at a time and it was the one that went to the bands attached to the screen. I was able to return the board for a 20% restocking fee. It ended up costing me $14. It was worth a shot. I still have the original power board, so if anyone needs one.........

I replaced the TV with a 60' LG I bought at HHGregg. Its a 1080p plasma and I paid $999 for it. I did a lot of reseach before buying it and couldn't find a bad review, not even on Amazon. Its awsome. The picture is great, thhe sound is far superior to the Insignia and I couldn't be happier. Well, other than having to buy a new TV. If you can find an LG 60PV450 for about $1000 I recommend it.
Visitor

Nice 60 inch!!!

Ok so I'm going to give this one more shot - I've got a buddy that works on TV's at his sports complex and he stated we might be able to replace two of the 25 volt solenoids with 100 volts on the power board  and that might solve this issue.  he's going to do it for free so we'll see.... What I wont do is pay Geek Squad to come over, I'd rather put that money towards a new TV.   

If this doesn't work - I'm looking at the 60 inch - (im kind of hoping it doesn't work now) =)

If it does work, i'll reply back to this thread so that others can choose to use or not.