No sound - headphone icon?

I've never used the remote sound option where you plug in headphones to a remote or use an app to listen to the TV with the sound off.  My remotes don't even support it (no jack) and I've never installed an app for Roku or my TV.  Sometimes the sound goes out on my TV and when changing the volume I see a headphone icon so I assume that has something to do with the issue.

Is there any way to disable this feature on the device?  I've tried a code with the volume buttons on my remotes ('UUDDUUUDDD') and it seemed to be taken since the last volume down didn't change the volume, but it didn't work and I don't see how that could be it since my remotes don't have headphone jacks.  I tried contacting Roku support but they referred me to Insignia.

Insignia Support

Re: No sound - headphone icon?

Good Morning jgoemat,

Noticing that your TV may be switching to the headphone input even when you didn’t select it, or have it pair connected can certainly be frustrating. I’d be happy to see how I can assist you further.

Can you please share your TV model number with me? I’d be happy to see how we might be able to assist you with the issues you’re experiencing. There may be a way to disable the feature, however, I’d need more information from you to check into this for you.

Respectfully,

Mariah

Insignia™ Support

[ Edited ]

{removed per forum guidelines}

MFD 17C20X Rev A

MFG Date: March, 2017

Model No.: NS-50DR620NA18

Insignia Support

Hello jgoemat,

Thank you so much for sharing more information regarding which model of Insignia TV you have. While reviewing the manual, and Roku’s support for Private Listening I wasn’t able to find a way to disable that feature. However, I’d be happy to offer a couple more troubleshooting options that may resolve an errors that are present with your TV.

Have you tried to power cycle your TV? You’re able to do this by unplugging it from power plus all the components you have connected to it for a few minutes. If that doesn’t resolve the issue you’re seeing with the volume then I’d recommend setting your TV back to factory settings.

Respectfully,

Mariah

Insignia™ Support