Re: Picture won't fit my screen

Hello. I am not able to see the entire picture. The left and right sides of screen are not visible. I have tried adjusting the zoom, as well as the aspect ratio and overscan. No luck. What else can I do? I am not able to see the scores on football games. My input is cable. Thanks!

Good luck Juan/John

We are flying an Insignia NS-40D510NA17 being fed by a Comcast HD D/A Converter box.

We have tried both HDMI and the A/V L/R Audio + Video feeds and cannot ever get

to being able to set for "Auto" aspect ratio. Can't even get to the Channels Button

using the Menu path of the TV Remote. Appears there are lots of other users

having similar kinds of difficulties with a number of Models of your TV's.

Do you think the Software in the Remote may have anything to do with it.

I think our Software Revision was V2.01, maybe?

Hope we can find the trouble and help everyone else who is having trouble.

Best

John P in Boulder CO

I am having the same problem. I have a 60" and I've tried every option. Advanced settings. Changing the aspect. Changing the picture. Both normal and zoom fit the same. Idk what to do. But it's super hard to watch tv when the picture is cut out

I'm having the same issue and I've tried everything that has been suggested in this tread but I do not have an advanced video option!! I am using a amazon firestick that does not have any opinions to change anything!

Hello, I have insignia 39in smart tv.When looking at smart tv the pic is wide as the screen which is good but when I connect to direct TV the screen get smaller .How do I get it back wide ?
SDR

Hoping wizard Jon or others can help.  Just bought my first Insignia TV, a 24" (NS-24D310NA17) and am very pleased:  almost everything that was wrong with a 2008 Toshiba 19" is right with this set and remote.   But:

I am using an antenna.  A couple of my favorite stations appear on the screen at much smaller than full screen -size -- actually smaller than on my old 19" TV.  Wide and Cinema distort the image to fill the screen.   I have tried all picture settings, with Auto Aspect Ratio, and Overscan, on and off.

Some full-size image stations show 1080i on the Info window, while two of the small-only ones show 480i -- but another 480i channel appears at full screen size (though narrower, because of old TV aspect ratio).  

Do I have any options ?  Thanks -- Steve

My problem is; I can't even go to overscan feature as well as the computer settings. The are both gray and I can't click on it.

Any other suggestion?

Thank you

Andrea

Good morning I am having trouble making the picture fit the whole screen can you please tell me how to make it fit

I read through all the comments about making the picture fit the screen. Works just fine on netflix but not on tv. The zoom is the only thing that ills the screen for regular tv but then the top and bottom are cut off and we can't see subtitles or incoming phone calls at the top. We use a HDMI cord as we were told the quality of the picture is better.

Since the same question as been being asked here since 2013 and it's now mid 2017, Insignia should have fixed this issue to give the customer an easier way to fill the screen as full as possible. There is still black space when on auto mode when we watch tv. It seems that at least some of the black space around the tv picture should be much less and the most capacity to fill should be available.

It does not allow me to click on overscan