Grymshade

Programming Insignia's Remote

First is there some reason that you stopped allowing replies to the Official thread on this subject?

Next, there is still an error message when you attempt to go to the webpage posted in the insignia user manual.

I noticed that most of the issues on the official tread have to do with the programming other remotes to the insignia TV.  I found nothing on programming the insignia remote to other devices.

Where would I find the codes required to program the insignia remote to other devices??

Thanks

Grym

Visitor
idledragon

Re: Programming Insignia's Remote

I'd appreciate a link or instructions for Insignia's remote as well.
Visitor
slowoldman

Me too.

I have a Sony BDV-E500W surround sound Speaker setup and it's remote can't control the TV (I tried every code it has).  I would like to try having the TV remote (NS-L42X 10A) control the surround and BD.

Visitor
slowoldman

http://insigniaproducts.com/cms/documents/NS-L42X-10A_NS-L46X-10A%20UM%20EN%20V2.pdf

Page 33 with codes starting on 37

I will try these and see if it solves my issues. 

In know when in doubt RTFM.

Grymshade

Again, I do not want to know how to program my insignia LCD flat screen to an off brand or universal remote control, but, I want to know where I can find the codes required to program my Insignia remote to other devices.  The userguide that came with the television gave a link that does not seem to exist.  Please let me know where you keep such a database on your site, where I may find one somewhere else, or come clean and tell us that your programmable remote control is not programmable.
Grymshade

Apologies,   the afore mentioned link does show a list of other devices and not remote codes.  I will give it a go and report back.
Grymshade

Ends up I was 1 for 2...   I was able to find the code for the cable box, but there was not able to find the code for the Memorex DVD / VCR Dual Deck player.

Any Insight?

Insignia Support
John-INSG

Hello Grymshade,

Welcome to Community@Insignia™!

I'll be happy to look into this concern if you'll please reply with your TV model number!  Also, if you would reply with the device(s) you wish to control, that would be helpful.

Regards,
John
Insignia™ Support

Contributor
pacomartin

Is it possible to program some of the Insignia remotes to power other devices like a Roku box?

Insignia Support
Justin-INSG

Hello pacomartin, 

Unfortunately, no, this would not be possible. Although I cannot guarantee whether it would work or not, you could try a universal remote, such as a Harmony-Logitech remote seen here.

Regards,
Justin
Insignia™ Support