Broylesr

Re: Remote Control Codes

Need remote control code for INSIGNIA NS-L22X-10A t.v., to use remote controller from a Samsung DVD-VR375/XAA.
Visitor
3CAN

Hi I purchased Insignia HDTV/DVD combo model number NS-LDVD32Q-10A I'm using a jumbo sized universal tv remote from The Sharper Image. I was able to get the three digit code for the TV thru a random code search. However I still can't operate the DVD portion of the TV. I used every three digit code in the book and used random code search but I still can't find it. Is this something you can help me with? Thank you
Insignia Support
John-INSG

TV Model and Manufacturer

WindFox

I got a NS-22E430A10 and a Comcast DVR3 (M1067, I think). The 0463 code does not work as it's not 5 digits, and I also tried the codes in the remote's manual. None work.
Kurtnews

Hello, I just bought an Insignia NS-L42X-10A TV and I can't seem to program the remote to work the ATT Uverse Box I have (Motorola VIP 1216).  In addition, I can't seem to program the Uverse remote to work the TV. 

Does anybody have the proper codes for both remotes?

Thanks.

Visitor
tristanhilton85

I recently purchased an Insignia 47" HDTV (model number:  NS-L47Q09-10A).  I need the remote code for the UEI universal remote provided by Time Warner Cable (model number: 1056B01-L).  I have found a code that works to simply control the power, but I also need to be able to change the input between the HDMI, component, and composite sources.

I appreciate any help you can provide.

Thanks,

Tristan

SportingBecky

Hi John,

I am looking for a code for my 50 inch NS-P501Q-10.  I have a DirecTV Remote RC65... Nothing seems to work.  Help.... Or maybe I should take my 50 inch Insignia back & get a different TV where remote codes work.  LOL :smileyvery-happy:

Becky

Visitor
TopCat

To those of you who are having trouble programming your remote controllers:

These are the 3-digit codes to Insignia T.V's,

068, 069, 078, 096, 100, 164, 168, 229, 026

For example,my cable service provider is Cablevision.  For the particular cable box I use, my remote is the silver Scientific Atlanta iO TV remote (without the DVR controls.)

These are the "how to" steps to program this particular remote controller:

1.) Turn on the TV.

2.) Press and hold the TV and SEL buttons simultaneously for 3 seconds.  The iO button will light.

3.) With the iO button lit, point the remote at the TV and enter the Insignia 3-digit code.  The TV will shut off once the correct code is entered.

4.) Verify by pressing the MUTE button.  This should tourn the TV on and off.

5.) Press the TV button to store the 3-digit code.  The iO button will blink twice to confirm the code is stored.

PLEASE NOTE: you can ONLY program one 3-digit code at a time- so you will have to repeat the first three steps for each of Insignia's 3-digit code until you have successfully found the code that works with your particular remote controller.

NOTE #2: If you have the instruction sheet/manual that came with your remote control, refer to it, to program the aforementioned listed codes into it. 

If you don't have the instruction sheet/manual that came with your remote controller, you will have to go to your respective cable or satellite tv provider's website to find out the model name, number, or style to identify the remote control that operates the cable/satellite tv box you are using and copy those instructions down- and by process of elimination- try each one of the codes I listed until you find the one that works with your remote.

I think the problem that everyone is having is that the instructions that come with the Insignia user's manual is poorly written and does not properly identify that you need to program the INSIGNIA's TV codes into the remote control you are using and not vice versa.  I purchased a 22" LED 1080p HDTV and no where in the user guide or quick set-up guide does it list Insignia's TV codes.  On top of which it instructs you to use the numbered code of your remote contoller to work with the TV.  This does not make sense at all.  As I said earlier, you need to program the TV's code into the remote! 

Visitor
tristanhilton85

UPDATE:

I have found out that the remote I have provided by Time Warner Cable (Atlas 1056-B) is a learning remote.  All I had to do was teach it the input key using the original Insignia Remote, and everything else works fine.  I suspect that many of the people on this site that are having problems with the remotes provided by their cable/sat companies are actually in possession of a learning remote and therefore already have the solution they need.  In addition, if you don't have a learning remote already, you can pick one up at Best Buy for $20.

Hope this helps some people,

Tristan 

Visitor
TopCat

Tristan, et al- all remote controls have the ability to "learn"...or another words, the ability to program the TV's 3 digit code into it (the remote control.)

And that was my point with my previous message, where I used my particular remote control from my cable service provider as an example.  (Hence the 5 step programming method I had articulated, yours will differ unless you are using the same model I have.) 

Since there are so many different types of remotes out on the market; so many different cable service providers; and so many satellite tv providers out there, each using their own model remote, you need to know the steps on how to program (or the term you used- "learn") the particular remote you are using.

And in order to program any remote (other than the remote that came with the TV set you purchased) you need to know the TV set's unique 3-digit code.  That's why I posted the 3-digit codes that are unique to Insignia's TV sets.  (068, 069, 078, 096, 100, 164, 168, 229, or 026).

1 of the 9 sets of numbers I just listed should work.  It's just a matter of trial and error, programming each set of 3-digit numbers into your specific remote control until you find the one that works for you.

As an example, the 3-digit code that works on my cable service provider's remote control is 096.  How did I figure that out?

By trial and error.  I started by programming the number 068 into my remote.  It did not work.  So I tried the next 3-digit number, 069.  That did not work.  I then tried the number 078, that did not work either.  When I programmed the number 096 into my remote, BINGO- my remote was able to control all the settings on my Insignia TV set, including turning it on and off.

If you don't know the sequence of steps to program your particular remote control (from memory), you will need to have the instruction (user's) manual.  If you are organized like I am and saved the instruction sheet that came with your remote control, please refer to it.  If not, either call the manufacturer of your remote control; or your TV cable company provider; or your satellite tv provider, or go online, etc. to obtain that instruction sheet/manual. 

I hope this simplifies things for those of you who had problems comprehending my previous post; with my sincerest apologies.