Remote Problems

I have an Insignia Roku 48 in tv that my son gave me . He bought it from someone and it came in the box and still had the energy sticker on it . It didn't however have the remote that came with it . Instead there was a universal remote that was already programed and had all the functionality I needed . I watched it for awhile , even checked out the Roku a couple of times . I got a firestick and I was in viewing heaven until I couldn't access the Roku . I tried to reset the tv to factory settings . I was able to use the remote to get through the screens untill it came to the time to put in my wifi password . The remote will only go back and forth on the keyboard . When I try to go up or down along the keyboard it only brings the volume up or down and will not go up or down the keyboard so that I can get my password in to continue with the set up of the tv . It's just an ordinary looking universal remote with no name brand on it . My son bought and tried to use another remote and it did the same thing . I can't seem to find the remote that comes with my model online including the Insignia site it's self . Any suggestions or fixes ? Right now I'm having to watch TV on my phone . Any advice is appreciated . Thank you .
Insignia Support

Re: Remote Problems

Hello Leeaannaxo,

Not being able to enter your WiFi password is an issue. Thank you for joining our online forum community to seek our assistance. I’d be happy to see how I can assist you further.

Can you please share what model number of TV you have? This should be printed on the back of your TV in white ink. I’d be happy to see if our Part Store has a replacement remote option for your model of TV. I look forward to your reply to help you dig into this deeper.

Respectfully,

Mariah

Insignia Support