Roku tv powers off

I have a roku tv, when turned on and I try to select anything with the remote, the tv automatically turns off. Tv is about a year and a half old. Does anyone know what the issue is. I have tried replacing the batteries and unplugging the tv.
Insignia Support

Re: Roku tv powers off

Hello Dadof1to3,

Thank you for taking the initiative to power cycle your TV. I’m sorry to hear that didn’t resolve the issue at hand. Can you please share the model number of your TV with me? I’d be happy to see how I can assist you with some troubleshooting. Also, can you please also confirm if you’re able use the buttons on the TV? Or do those also automatically turn off your TV too? I look forward to your reply.

Respectfully,

Mariah

Insignia™ Support

I believe it is NS-32DR310NA17. only button on the set is the input button. I have reset the tv to factory settings and am having the same issue. Could it be the remote?
Highlighted
Insignia Support

Good Morning Dadof1to3,

Thanks for sharing your model number with me! I really do appreciate it. At this time I’d recommend resetting your TV back to factory settings to see if it resolves the communication errors that your remote is sending. You can reset your TV by following the steps noted below.

1. Using a straightened paper clip or ball-point pen, press and hold the recessed RESET button on your TV connector panel.

2. Continue to hold the RESET button for approximately 15 seconds. During this time, the status light turns off, and then turns on bright, and then pulses. When the reset cycle completes, the light either comes on dim (if your TV power was off when you started) or your TV screen comes on and the light turns off (if your TV power was on when you started).

3. When the status light turns on steady dim or your TV screen comes on, release the RESET button.

Also, can you please take the batteries out of your remote then push all the buttons on it a few times. Then put the batteries back in. This should ensure that a button isn’t stuck.

Let us know if reset doesn’t resolve your issue, and I’d be happy to discuss what options may be available if you had purchased your TV in the last year.  You're also welcome to try to sync a universal remote to your TV to see if that resolves the issue too!

Kindly,

Mariah

Insignia™ Support