Visitor

Re: TV Has power, won't turn on

I searched EBay for Insignia (model number) and found all that I needed.

My 54 inch insignia TV. Keeps powering off by itself. Then I play hell to get it on. Sometimes it blinks 7x and the red light goes off and sometimes it blinks 8x and the red light stays on. So tired of it doing this. What do I do?

Did anyone have any luck with Insignia recognizing it is a design flaw and fixing the problem?

Mine is doing same thing.. will not turn on.. seems to be a common problem which proves a manufacturer defect, and of course my warranty just ran out. Roku should fix this common problem free. These tvs are not cheap and for them to only work a yr is rediculous
Visitor

Insignia is owned by Best Buy.

In less than a year the power supply had failed on a minimually used TV.

In my opinion it is a design flaw.

Luckily for me mine was still under warrenty even though I had no receipt they were able to look it up and actually replaced it with a newer model, hopefully with a fixed power supply.

So far so good (knock wood).

I literally plugged mine in, right out of the box - red light, won't turn on.  Spend a half hour trying to get it to go on, finally does.  Turn it off.  Come to watch it again, same ordeal.  This is a pretty disappointing product if I have to go through plugging and unplugging it, hitting all the power buttons, trying a dozen times, every time I want to watch TV.

Visitor

No Insignia, ah I mean Best Buy will not admit it is a design flaw.

I have not see any post from Jon or Ryan since February.

At best they sounded like a typical IT person anyway. (my apologiges to real IT people)

The first thing they tell you to do is unplug wait 30 seconds then power back on.

How well has that worked? Design flaw!

Unplugging and plugging it back in works for me.  Just when I have to do it every single time I go to use the TV, it's completely impractical.  Fortunately I just bought it (yes, the problem for me was from day one out of the box), and I can still return it.

Hi Jon,

My Insignia TV keeps shutting off. It still is BLUE but there is no program it happens constantly I can turn the power on and off from red to blue and back to red no problem but the screen is just black and blank when it is blue . it sometimes happens after a few minutes and if u reset the power it doesnt even work sometimes i have to unplug it for 30 min and then i can turn it back on. it is frustrating and no way to watch television i cant even watch a tv show episode without the screen going black. please help

My NA-PDP32-09 tv has the same issue.
What do I do?