TV cycling on and off

I purchased a 55' Insignia 4K Roku TV on Monday 4/2/18, Model # ns55dr620na1a

Tonight, I turned on the TV, and the home screen comes up, and then approximately 30 seconds later, the TV turns itself back off, then on, then off. It will only remain off if I unplug the TV. We are connected to a PS4 via HDMI, and wireless internet for streaming. Our wireless connection and internet connection are both functioning on our other devices (computer, iphones, televisions in other rooms), but this TV is our only issue. Any help?

Highlighted
Insignia Support

Re: TV cycling on and off

Hello pkeati1,

Thanks for sharing with us! It’s disappointing to hear that your new TV 55” is experiencing these issues of turning off and on. I’d be a little frustrated too. I’d be delighted to see how we might be able to help.

Usually, issues like these are sparked due to a power surge issue or a connected device. Since you don’t have it connected to a sound bar, receiver, or a cable box it would rule out a connected device. Often times a sound component connected via Optical Audio could cause these issues, or if your cable providers is updating the channel guide.

Is the TV connected to a surge protector? Have you tried to connect to a different outlet that runs off a different fuse? If after trying it in a different room, or connecting it to a surge protector and the issues still are present I’d highly encourage you to discuss your concerns with Best Buy’s Geek Squad at (800) 433-5778. They’d be happy to dig into the issue further for you.

Respectfully,

Mariah

Insignia ™ Support