TV doesn't go to the correct channel that I input

I currently own the NS-32D312NA15.  I am using a coax cable connected to the wall.  I have performed a channel scan and have all the channels from my provider (though I occasionally lose signal from some of them).

The problem is that when I type in a channel via the remote, it goes to another channel completely.  Example:

If I type in 4.0, then 4.0 will appear on the top right of the tv.  But then it will bring me to channel 14 every time.  If I type inf 14, it brings me to 77 every time.  The only channels it correctly goes to are the two test channels.

I have tried a power cycle on both tv and remote (NS-RC4NA-16), connecting to different wall outputs, countless channel scans, etc. and nothing has worked.  I have owned the tv for a couple years, but I have never tried hooking it up to cable until a couple of weeks ago.  

Insignia Support

Re: TV doesn't go to the correct channel that I input

Greetings mess8424,

Welcome to the Insignia Support Online Forum Community! I appreciate the time you’ve taken out of your day to post to us about your issues with your 32” Insignia TV that you’re experiencing. I’d be happy to see what recommendations I can make on your behalf.

When the issue occurs is this during the time where the channels you’re looking to watch may have poor signal? Your TV may be routing to you to a channel closest to the one you entered that has a better signal instead of bringing you to a channel that has a snowy resolution. If you’re using an antenna to catch over the air signals I’d recommend trying to position it differently, or purchasing a multi-directional one with a higher mile range.

I took a peek into your 32” TV’s owner’s manual. It shares that button presses must occur within 3 seconds of each other. It also recommends instead of waiting for the TV to find the channel to select ENTER after entering the channel number. At this time there may not be any further troubleshooting options I can provide to you as it sounds like issue you’re experiencing may be a result of the poor signal that’s being fed to the TV.

Insignia Support