Re: TV has power but will not turn on

My tv will not turn on. The red led is solid and I unplugged the cord from the out let and held down the power button on the console and the remote, plugged it back in and the red led light came back on solid no blinking at all. It was working fine this morning and I came back home from it wouldn't turn on. my model number is NS- 48D420NA16. I only had it for 9 months
AWT

I have the same issue with the 39" LED TV.  Went through troubleshooting process with Insignia technician, powering off, then back on with no positive results.  The warranty expired 5/25/2016; today is 7/20/2016.  Tech suggested taking it to Geek Squad for diagnosis, $100.  Tech assured me this is not a problem with this particular product model:  NS-39D310NA15.  I am sure others have experienced the problem, but if no one reports to BBB or Consumer Affairs, nothing will be done to correct what is causing the malfunction.  I am posting here as a courtesy and electronic record trail.  My next communication will be with both the BBB and CA.

Visitor

This is a follow up on my Insignia  NS-42E480A13. I bought a power board to try to fix the problem, but that didn't fix it.

For anyone reading this, the insides of the Insignia are all Hisense products. So when you buy an Insignia, you are really buying a rebranded Hisense TV

Issue: Red light on, tv will not turn on.

Model: NS - 40DR420NA16

Trouble shooting attempts:

1. = unplug 30+ seconds, turn back on ... no fix

2. = unplug, hold power button on tv 30+ seconds, let go, plug back in, turn back on ... no fix

The red light is still on when plugged in but tv will not turn on.

Is there another thing we can try?

Thank you!

My NS-PDP60HD 09 had a similar issue. Blue light comes on, but no picture, sound, or menu. The blue light will not turn off unless I unplug, then plug back in. Tried the suggested fixes.

Insigna tv will not turn on

how do I turn on the Insignia tv?

My tv ns-40d420na16 is less than a year old, it was working perfectly fine until today when I tried to turn it on , I was receiving audio, but now video display. The red light flashed on and of when I pressed the power button, however the blue light that comes on after did not follow. I tried unplugging everything and waiting for 30 seconds but no luck. This tv is less than a year old to me and I'm quite dissatisfied right now. Any idea what I should do to fix it without spending more than the tv is worth ? Or should I just never buy from insignia again ...