sheets

TV screen goes black

I was watching TV and the pictue went totally black but i still had sound.  Thought it was cable signal so got a new cable box, and the cable box is fine.  So it is the TV.  What is wrong? Now I don't even have sound.   Do I need to trash it and get a new tv or can it be repaired?  And what is going to be the approximate cost?  I cannot fix it myself so that is not an option.

Visitor
kdhaley

Re: TV screen goes black

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM.  I WAS WATCHING LETTERMAN AND THE SCREEN WENT BLACK.  WHAT IT OFF.  In THE MORNING WOKE UP AND TURNED IT ON STILL NO PICTURE BUT SOUND.  UNPLUGGED LIKE IT SAID NOW NO PICTURE AND NO SOUND.  What SHOULD I DO?

THANKS FOR ANY INPUT OR IDEAS.

KDHALEY

Insignia Support
John-INSG

Hello sheets and KDHALEY,

Welcome to Community@Insignia™!

I apologize for being kind of generic in my reply since I don't have model numbers to provide more specific information.

From your descriptions it sounds like your TVs will both require repairs. If your TV is 37" or less, you may obtain service by carrying the TV in to the place of purchase. Remember to bring along your original receipt for warranty validation. If your TV is larger than 37", please call or Product Support team to schedule a technician to visit your home.

Repair costs depend upon the parts and labor required to complete the repair, so that information can only be provided after diagnostics are performed. If your TV is still within the warranty time frame, you should incur no cost for repairs. I hope this helps.

Regards,
John
Insignia™ Support

digimog

[ Edited ]

I have the same problem.  Relatively recent purchase of an Insignia NS-LCD47HD-09.  Screen flickered on the edges of a full picture for a few days and then black.  I get audio but no picture at all - not even internal settings commands.  This happend quite soon after I started using a PC 9-pin interface (watching PC/TV).

Since I cannot find diagnostic software for the Insignia (it does have a USB "service" port) I cannot determine the problem.  I am guessing it is the - Master and/or Slave Inverter boards.  I bought both boards and will install and see what happens.  Best Buy is probably going away if you read any Wall Street stuff.  Good luck. (if interested in my results - email me at: {edited per forum guidelines}.