Re: TV screen goes black

Hello, I just had the same thing happen today. If you are lucky it might just be the Sony Smart Box. I tried all of the plugs, tried Input etc., thinking it was the Tv, then I unplugged and replugged the Smart Box and everything worked fine. Hope you got your problem resolved !

Bought a 55 inches insignia tv and the screen saver went black, is only a 8 months old , very disappointed with this brand when I see they have a brote of the same issues, they should give a recall for this unit because it's a brand problem. Should get free service by the company with out any questions.

Was watching tv and the screen went totally black it's a 55 inches insignia is only a 8 months old , very disappointed with this brand when I see they have a brote of the same issues, they should give a recall for this unit because it's a brand problem. Should get free service by the company with out any questions.

Hello insignia team! My new insignia 50 " roku TV will not display anything in the home screen. However when I switch the input to my cable box - those channels come up without issue.

I can activate audio dialogue to help me navigate the home screen. I just want to know how to turn it back on. Thanks
Abm

I am very displeased. I just had a long 15hr shift and just sat down for the first time in over a month to watch a little TV while having dinner. My screen went black with sound right after turned it on, and now it has a black screen with no sound. After reading above, I hate myself forever buying this **bleep** thing. Spend hundreds of dollars on a TV that dies once the warranty goes out. Buyers beware. Don't purchase this product. You will be as disappointed as I am working extremely hard to try to have nice things when in reality you get jipped by a expensive TV made poorly and can't even enjoy yourself the one night in months that you actually have a spare minute. If this company were to replace it for free I would say fine, they are worth it, but from reading above and seeing this is an on going problem for many customers and the company can only offer you to pay to have a service persone come out to your house and charge to fix the crappy product...heck no. Never again.

Had the same problem. TV would have an image for 5-10 min prior to going black but sound was present. Had the TV for at least 4 years so no warranty but switching to a different HDMI port has curbed the issue for the last hour. Hopefully I didn’t jinx it.