TV won't continuously turn on

Hello world! I've been having this problem for about 8 months now. I've looked it up online countless times, but nobody seems to have the same problem.

What happens is my TV will turn off automatically a few minutes after I turn off whatever is giving it video, like it's supposed to, and the red light indicator to show it has power is on. About 75% of the time when I use the power button on the TV itself, the red light will turn off, like it's supposed to, but doesn't turn back on. The indicator will stay off whether it's plugged in or not. Normally, it flashes off and then back on and then the TV powers on.

What I found that works is to leave the TV unplugged for a while (a few hours usually, but lately has been a few days) and after I'm successful at that, I'll wait another similar length of time before I press the power button, and even then the red light might just turn off and stay off again.

I have a 46" Insignia, model number NS-46E340A13.

I think it might be a fault in the power supply, but I'd rather get an opinion from someone who has dealt with problems like this before first.

Thank you so much for taking the time to help me out!!!

- Jordan