Tv Randomly turns off

[ Edited ]

My tv is about 2 years old now and randomly shuts down, you can't turn it back on, you just have to wait and it turns back on. Orignially we figured it was over heating, and that seemed to be the case seeing as it stopped doing or at least did it less often when the ceiling fan is on, but recently it just turns off no matter how hold the room is.  Anyone have any ideas what it might be?

Model: NS-40D420NA 16 Rev B
Serial: {removed per forum guidelines}

It is plugging into a dish hopper via hdmi

Highlighted
Insignia Support

Re: Tv Randomly turns off

Hello Gradof6b,

Welcome to Community@Insignia!

If you haven't already, try power-cycling the TV by turning it off and unplugging it for several minutes. This should serve to reset the TV hardware.

If the problem persists, your TV will likely need repairs. You can pursue service by carrying your TV in to your local Geek Squad. You can schedule an appointment by visiting We're Here to Help and selecting "Make a Reservation" under "Getting Help is Easy."

Regards,

John

Insignia Support

John
Insignia Support

Did u figure out the issue? We have the exact same model and we have had it about 2 years too. It is doing the exact same thing. We are trying to decide if it is worth getting repaired.

I bought a new board from tvpartstoday.com (item# 179840 insignia tv module main $32.24). It did fix the problem. Only problem was the first one I got was showing is sd at best but they traded it out no problem free shipping label and all. Only thing is I had to send back about 4 boards before I got one that as he and in my opinion it's still not as clear as my original board,but I guess it's better than nothing. So it's really up to you.