Visitor

Unknown password for parental control Insignia NS-LDVD19Q-10A RC Model Insignia RC 261

We just purchased Toy Hauler that has an Insignia LCD Color TV & DVD Player. Model# NS-LDVD19Q-10A. Remote Control model is Insignia RC 261.  No paperwork came with this TV/DVD Combo.  We need to reset parental controls, but get stuck because we don't have password to operate or unable to change password.

HELP?????  Is there a bypass password?

Insignia Support

Re: Unknown password for parental control Insignia NS-LDVD19Q-10A RC Model Insignia RC 261

Hello married424,

Welcome to Community@Insignia!

The default password for the parental controls for your TV should be four zeroes (0000). I have requested the manual be added to the product profile page for this TV. It should be available within a few business days. I apologize for any inconvenience in the interim.

Regards,

John

Insignia Support

John
Insignia Support
Visitor

Re: Unknown password for parental control Insignia NS-LDVD19Q-10A RC Model Insignia RC 261

I have tried 0000. When I enter 4 zeroes as password, it will not let me change the password, so I assumed 0000 was not correct password.

Insignia Support

Hello married424,

Thank you for the additional details. 

I would recommend completing a factory reset of your TV. Instructions for the process should be available in your TV User Guide. If you do not have a copy, I recommend contacting Insignia Support at 877-467-4289 for assistance completing the process as the User Guide is not currently available on our website.

Regards,

John

Insignia Support

John
Insignia Support
Highlighted
Visitor

Thank you for your help John.

We did a factory reset and now we are enjoying DVDs.  The problem we were having is the DVD would show the previews, but when the actual movie started, it would freeze.  We were told the parental control was set down to G rated movies. It says Parental control is 8 on our TV.

We couldn't change or figure out the passcode, but by doing the factory reset, it fixed our problem.

Nice little TV for our trailer

Thanks again

Cindy