Volume issues

I turned my tv on today and at the default volume level (15 or so), the volume is WAY too loud. We have to lower the volume to 1 to make it bearable. Any ideas why this could have broken so suddenly? Any tips to resolve?

Thanks in advance.

Fillycheze
Highlighted
Insignia Support

Re: Volume issues

Hello Fillycheze,

Welcome to Community@Insignia!

If you haven't already, try power-cycling the TV by turning it off and unplugging it for several minutes. This should serve to reset the TV hardware.

If the problem persists, your TV will likely need repairs. If your TV is 42" or less, you can pursue service by carrying your TV in to your local Geek Squad. You can schedule an appointment by visiting We're Here to Help and selecting "Make a Reservation" under "Getting Help is Easy." If your TV is larger than 42" please call Geek Squad at 800-433-5778 to schedule a technician to visit your home.

Regards,

John

Insignia Support

John
Insignia Support

Thanks for the response. After powering down overnight the problem seems to have resolved itself. All is well in the world again. Smiley Wink

I'm having the same issue! Already did a factory reset, checked batteries, volume on the side, and attempted to change speakers to internal except that I don't have this option. Volume is so loud that you can hear it outside.....

I cannot carry this huge tv back to Best Buy --- HELP!
Insignia Support

Hello JudyG1-

If you are needing service on your TV, John has provided the routes we have available for service to be performed on an Insignia TV in his post above.

Thanks,