Visitor
Djdeluxay

my TV won't turn on

NS-LCD42HD is my model number

mines is experiencing the same....before that it was also doing "thermal vision" if that makes any sense

Now the blue light that indicates the TV is powered on shows but the TV doesnt actually go on..the back light turns on then turns off

its past the 1 years warranty...so i guess  i have to pay?

Visitor
binhha2009

Re: my TV won't turn on

I got exactly the same problem. Bought it 1 year and 8 days, use it only a few times. Now the warranty has passed, i don't know what to do with this 19" LCD tivi? Very very very disappointed with this product. I got a Samsung 26" LCD. Use it everyday for the past 5 years, not one single problem. The picture & the sound are excellent.
spearsrob

bought my dad a 26" and this happens to his @ around a year and a half.  avoid this company like the plague.  what a piece of junk.  they've lost all my potential business in the future.  never again w/ insignia.
jakerawk

hey guys i just had this problem myself, called insignia and got it sorted out rather quickly.  just thought i'd share the fix that worked incase anyone else has this problem and stumbles on this thread.

step 1 unplug the tv from the wall outlet

step 2 wait 1 minute

step 3 plug it back in and turn on

this worked for me and i now have my tv back!  i don't know why this problem happens in the first place and i've never heard of resetting a television, but this worked wonders.  so... good luck!

Visitor
jjneely2

I have a NS-LCD32FS.  My TV will turn on and off when it has been used recently and shut down.  But, when I turn it on after it is off for a couple of hours or overnight - It will not come on until I attempt to turn on and off for a long time.  For example - 12 times of the on and off button whether it is the remote or on the top of the TV set.  I tried the method suggested of removing the plug from the electrical outlet and then plugging it in again and it works fine on a reset IF the tv has been on recently; but went out for a couple of hours shopping and when we got home - had to do the on off many times until it finally came on.  I wish there was an answer for this. 

Insignia Support
John-INSG

Hello jjneely2,

Welcome to Community@Insignia™!

I recommend that you schedule a technician for diagnostics and repairs. Service can be obtained by calling 1-888-237-8289 in the U.S. or 1-866-237-8289 in Canada.

Regards,
John
Insignia™ Support

Visitor
jjneely2

Thanks for the response, John.  I do not think it would be wise to put good money after bad.  The salesman at Future Shop in London, ON sold this TV as an out of the box unit quoting that the people did not like the blue light and the red light on the bottom and brought it back to them.  I think that was a crock and that he lied to us.  In an effort to save money, we decided to purchase the Insignia.  I now know that it is not a reliable brand for TV.  Fool me once, your fault.  Fool me twice, my fault.  So, as soon as we can afford it, we will be purchasing a reputable name brand TV and take this one to the dump where it belongs.  Thanks anyway.  But seniors like my wife and I have learned to do more homework before we purchase just any brand.  In all of our years we have never had a TV last only 3 years.  It took me close to one hour this morning to get the unit on.  I am going to leave it on now and it will stay on until we can afford to replace the TV.

Visitor
Nate7777777

I HAVE THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM!!!!!!!   i would not recommend Insignia T.V.'s to anyone. what the problem is, is that there are power circuts in the TV and they get fried and it costs $375 to fix it. i know because i took mine to a repair shop, and thats what the guys said. its just faulty CIRCUTRY. if u want a REAL tv DEFFINATELY go with Sony or Samsung. AND it was my first flat screen TV and i thought they were suposed to be good long lasting TV's. NOT INSIGNIA's!!!!

dutoit007

I just bought a 55' Insignia TV.  It worked for two days and now won't turn on.  Tech Support says it is a power supply problem in the TV.  Have been waiting for the Geek Squad to return the phone call for two days.  If this is a common problem then why doesn't  Best Buy, or Insignia fix it before these TV's go out the door?  I bought something new, I expect it to work as new.  I am very disappointed in the policy of Best Buy and the Geek Squad. 

loungyguy

YES

This fixes the issue.  Have no idea why but it does.  NICE  I was fearing a fix that cost more than the TV!  Thak you!