Visitor
dsutty
Accepted Solution

no sound DVD with xbox 360

Connected xbox to hdmi 1 on NS-32L550a11 could not get the sound to work.  Turned off the Display Discovery on my xbox and set the video and audio settings manually.  Got sound to work when playing a game or watching a video through the video library on xbox, but when I put in a DVD in the xbox, the sound does not work.

Insignia Support
John-INSG

Re: no sound DVD with xbox 360

Hello dsutty,

Welcome to Community@Insignia™!

Please try the suggestions offered by Guille-INSG in this thread.  Let us know your results!

Regards,
John
Insignia™ Support

Frankpmd

any update on this? I am having similar trouble

wiggum0328

I just had this EXACT same problem and it drove me INSANE for 2 weeks straight -- last night I figured it out -- I hope for good.  

Same story, bouth NS-46E570A11 (not sure how diff the 57 to your 56 is) -- bought brand new xbox elite - and new HDMI cables -- popped in a DVD and got picture with NO sound.  I played with all settings, both xbox and on tv and spent hours on phone with BestBuy/Geek Squad/Microsoft/ and Insignia.  Here's what I did --

-Download the latest FIRMWARE UPDATE for your specific product - mine was found here

http://http://insigniaproducts.com/products/televisions/NS-46E570A11.html

-Plug in the USB to your TV and let it update with the new FIRMWARE

-Turn TV off and unplug for 5-10 seconds.

Plug in and wait for 5-10 seconds.  

-Turn TV on FIRST and let it boot up.

-Turn on XBOX and let it boot up.

THis process worked for me -- From what I researched and understand there is a handshake issue between the Xbox and the TV -- A secure HDCP link needs to be established for sound to play from a DVD and this update fixed it for me.  For 2 weeks I troubleshooted and researched for hours -- finally came to this solution and am glad I don't need to return the TV or the XBOX -- the TV is great for the $ and now works fine.  Please let me know if this helps anyone as it frustrated me for weeks.  There are guides on how to install new Firmware throughtout these forums.  HOPE THIS HELPS.  

Visitor
dsutty

Thanks for the making the effort to do the research (I gave up after I really got no help from insignia).  I followed your instructions and updated the firmware on my NS-32L550a11, tested it with a few different DVDs played a game on the xbox 360, and even watched a few home videos all in HD and all with sound.

Thanks for posting the soluton.

Frankpmd

I tried this and worked perfectly.. thanks for the advice

frankpmd