Accepted Solution

programing

how do you program the tv to go directly to cable when it is turned on. I have to use the comcast remote and the tv remote.

Highlighted
Insignia Support

Re: programing

Hello Memawnalley,

Welcome to Community@Insignia!

I'll be happy to look into this for you if you will please reply with your TV model number.

Regards,

John

Insignia Support

John
Insignia Support

I cannot program Insigna's remote with Xfility cable, Comcast.  How do you do this?

Regular Contributor

The remote supplied with your Insignia TV is not a universal remote; therefore, it will not operate anything other than the television, despite the fact that the stock remote has several buttons that look as if they might be programmable to operate a DVD player. Your best bet would be to get a universal remote, or see if your Xfinity remote can be programmed to operate your TV. Many third-party cable-box remotes can be programmed to operate the user's television as well; however, some will not work with anything other than the cable company's box, requiring the user either to use two remotes or a universal remote. A case in point is Spectrum. I have their service, and their remote will not change channels on anything other than their own cable boxes; however, the remote will turn the TV volume up and down and turn the set on and off (if you are trying to use a Spectrum remote with aTV not connected to a Spectrum cable box). I am not familiar with Xfinity/Comcast, so I don't know how their cable box remotes operate. My advice is to contact Xfinity for assistance with your issue, although the chances are  they will tell you the same thing I just did: that Insignia remotes cannot be programmed to operate cable boxes, or anything else.

@Rolle2 wrote:

I cannot program Insigna's remote with Xfility cable, Comcast.  How do you do this?

Kind regards,

Jeff (jeff6794)

Satisfied Insignia HDTV owner since August 2011